Wegmans Executive Chef Russell Ferguson shares a veggie filled pasta meal idea the whole family will love.
14 Ounce, cooked according to package directions (Food You Feel Good About Penne Rigate Super Pasta)
Baby bella mushrooms
16 Ounce, sliced (Food You Feel Good About Sliced)
12 Ounce (Food You Feel Good About Cleaned and Cut)
6 Tablespoon, divided
Salt and pepper
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Italian Classics Parmesan Cream Sauce)
Cream of mushroom soup
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Food You Feel Good About)
Fresh thyme sprigs
1 Ounce, coarsely chopped
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), shredded, divided
Black truffle extra virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoon (Italian Classics)
Panko bread crumbs
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Toss mushrooms, cauliflower, and 1/4 cup basting oil in bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Spread on baking sheet in single layer. Roast 25-30 minutes until mushrooms are lightly browned. Remove from oven and set aside. Reduce oven temp to 375 degrees F.
4. Rinse cooked pasta with cool water and transfer to large mixing bowl. Add mushroom and cauliflower mixture, cream sauce, mushroom soup, peas, lemon zest, thyme, 1/4 cup cheese, and truffle oil. Stir together to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. In another small bowl, add panko, remaining 2 Tbsp basting oil, and remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Stir to combine. Set aside.
6. Spray braising pan with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer pasta mixture to pan and top with panko mixture.
7. Bake about 1 hour until thoroughly heated and top is golden brown.
8. Drizzle servings with truffle oil if you like. Serve with crusty garlic bread or a green tossed salad.