Wegmans Executive Chef Russell Ferguson shows you how to get dinner on the table in under 10 minutes by cooking the pasta and spinach together and quickly simmering with a couple key ingredients (like our Italian Classics Tomato Pesto!).
20 Ounce (Wegmans Italian Classics Six Cheese Tortellini (Dairy Dept))
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a rapid boil on high heat.
2. Add tortellini and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 min.
3. Add spinach to pasta and cook for less than 1 min. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
4. Return tortellini and spinach to the empty pan. Add roasted tomatoes, pesto, and reserved pasta water. Combine and season to taste with pepper.
5. Divide among four dinner plates and sprinkle each serving with shredded cheese.
You will feel like you just learned the secret to preparing a restaurant pasta specialty....this one will become a regular for sure. Absolutely delicious! Guaranteed on the dinner table in 10 minutes. This is a great quick meal for a sudden dinner date! Watch the video for some cooking time savers. Highly recommend!