Here is a basic family favorite. Chef Brian shows us how to make a basic wonderful tomato sauce tossed with penne pasta.
For the sauce
3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped
Fresh tomatoes/Canned tomatoes
4 Medium, chop (retain juices)
1⁄2 Teaspoon (paste)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Cook the pasta in salt water for 8 minutes and once it’s done drain it and keep it aside. Reserve a little of the pasta water.
2. In a pan heat the oil and saute the garlic for a few seconds then add the fresh chopped tomatoes and the herbs along with salt and pepper. Saute until the tomatoes soften.
3. Add a little chicken stock to the tomatoes and simmer until the sauce is reduced to a thick consistency. This will take 25 to 30 minutes.
4. Once the sauce is cooked, add the cooked pasta and mix well until all of the pasta is coated with the sauce.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
6. You can serve it with grated cheese on top along with an Italian crusty bread.