Once a Week Kitchen - Spicy Chicken Pasta
|Boneless skinless chicken breasts||300 Gram, cut into large chunks|
|Cooking oil||30 Milliliter|
|Pasta||150 Gram, cooked, drained|
|Fresh spinach leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Asparagus spear||100 Gram, chop|
|Sun dried tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely (or 6 small pieces)|
|Red chili flakes||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Chicken stock||150 Milliliter|
|Double cream||100 Milliliter|
1. In a small bowl marinate the chicken with chili and garlic and keep it aside.
2. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
3. In a large skillet or wok, heat oil and brown the chicken for 2 minutes on each side.
4. Once chicken is cooked remove from the pan and keep aside. Add the mushrooms to the pan and saute until tender then add the asparagus and sun-dried tomatoes.
5. Once sauteed, pour in the chicken stock to it and then return the cooked chicken to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
6. Take pan off the heat and stir in the cream. Add the cooked and drained pasta and fresh spinach leaves. Mix well so that the spinach wilts in the residual heat and the pasta is nicely coated with the cream sauce.
7. Serve The Spicy Chicken Pasta with a nice crusty bread on the side if you like.
Calories 1012 Calories from Fat 434
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.5%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 89.2 mg29.7%
Sodium 1891.7 mg78.8%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g28.9%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.4%
Sugars 16.3 g
Protein 58 g115.9%
Vitamin A 29.6% Vitamin C 53.1%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 35.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet