This recipe for homemade pasta is one I have refined over the past year and a half through trial and error. I love the results of this recipe and so will you! If you've never made handmade pasta, now's the time to start. Have fun in the kitchen!
All purpose flour
1. In the bowl of your mixer, add flour, eggs, olive oil and some warm water. Combine, using the dough hook on medium speed. Make sure the dough is not too dry and not too wet.
2. Once the dough comes together into a rough ball, shut off the mixer and turn the dough onto the work surface sprinkled with some flour.
3. Knead the dough for at least 5 minutes. Continuously turn and fold the dough over itself until combined. Once done, wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and set aside to rest for at least 30 minutes.
4. The dough will now be pliable. Cut the dough into manageable chunks and roll it thin enough to put through your pasta roller on the widest setting. Roll through each setting twice, folding the rolled sheet in half after each pass. Continue to roll on every second setting until you get to the thinnest setting until you get the pasta sheet close to a 'see through'. Keep the pasta roller well dusted to avoid the dough from sticking to the roller.
5. Once done, use the machine to cut the pasta into desired width.
6. In a pot, boil salted water. Add the pasta and let it cook for 2 minutes.
7. Serve this homemade pasta with any favorite pasta sauce.