1. In a large pot cook the pasta with water.
2. Once cone drain; return to pan toss with 1 tablespoon oil and keep it aside.
3. Meanwhile, in large bowl, toss together tomatoes, basil, garlic and remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
4. Add salt and pepper as desired.
5. Arrange pasta on plate and top it with the tomato mixture.
6. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve with crusty Italian bread.
Use fresh, firm, ripe tomatoes. Could include heirlooms, grape, cherry, etc.
Serving size Per servingComplete recipe
Calories 241 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.2%
Saturated Fat 0.86 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.3 mg0.4%
Sodium 278.9 mg11.6%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g13%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 8 g15.5%
Vitamin A 21.5%
Vitamin C 27%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet