Brown Rice Pasta With Asparagus Shiitakes Pesto
|Brown rice pasta||10 Ounce|
|Asparagus||1 Bunch (100 gm), cleaned, trimmed & cut on the bias into ½” long pieces|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Shiitake mushroom||3 Large, sliced|
|Pumpkin seed pesto||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Feta cheese||4 Tablespoon (to garnish)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Pumpkin seed||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm)|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm)|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1. Cook brown rice pasta according to package directions.
2. Drain pasta when done cooking.
3. Steam asparagus until bright green, remove immediately and plunge into an ice bath.
4. Use a mortar and pestle, smash garlic clove and remove skin. Place in mortar, add a pinch of salt and crush with pestle until you have a paste. Add pumpkin seeds and crush until you have small bits of pumpkin seeds.
5. Roughly chop parsley and cilantro. Add chopped leaves to mortar and crush with pestle. Add the lemon juice and gradually add the olive oil to mixture while crushing with the pestle. Salt and pepper.
6. Sauté mushrooms in olive oil, butter mixture until browned and tender.
7. Deglaze with white wine vinegar mid-way through cooking.
8. When mushrooms are done, add in the cooked pasta, asparagus to pan and toss with pesto.
9. Garnish pasta with shavings of your favorite hard goat cheese and serve hot!