3 , quartered (you can use canned or frozen but not marinated)
15 Gram, thinly sliced
1 Clove (5 gm), thinly sliced
1 , diced
2 Tablespoon, divided (1 tablespoon for the basil oil and remaining for the sauce)
1 Bunch (100 gm)
Fresh lemon juice
Red pepper flakes
1. For the rustic basil oil – add basil leaves to a mortar and pestle with a little salt, the lemon zest and juice and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Crush it all up together, set aside.
2. Boil water and cook quinoa linguini according to the package instruction.
3. Drain the pasta but reserve the pasta cooking water.
4. For the Sauce – In a nonstick skillet pour in remaining oil, sauté the garlic for a minute over a medium heat.
5. Add in the pepper and sauté for another minute, place the artichokes and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Incorporate the linguine directly to the pan of vegetables with about 1/8 cup of the pasta water and stir for another minute.
7. Turn off the heat, and stir in about half the basil mixture.
8. Top the pasta with the other half of the basil mixture and a sprinkle red pepper flakes. Serve hot!