Watch as Chef/mom Ariane Duarte cooks one of DinnerTool's Slow Cooker Showdown contest finalist recipe submissions.
Canned low sodium fire roasted tomatoes
3 Cup (48 tbs) (2 cans)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Canned pumpkin puree
1 Cup (16 tbs) (pure)
1 Medium, diced
3 Clove (15 gm), chopped finely
1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly cracked
1) In a slow cooker, add the fire roasted tomatoes, tomato paste and pumpkin puree. Stir until the ingredients are mixed.
2) Then add the oregano, basil, parsely, thyme, chili powder and olive oil. Stir until the ingredients are nicely mixed.
3) Then add the onions and garlic. Stir to mix.
4) Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Mix thoroughly.
5) Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 3 hours or on high for 1 1/2 hours.
6) Spoon the Homemade Pumpkin Spaghetti Sauce over cooked spaghetti, top with sauteed kale and serve.