Chicken & Sausage Pasta
|Chicken piece||6 Ounce|
|Hot link sausage||1 Medium, sliced|
|Onion||1⁄3 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped finely|
|Mushrooms||5 Medium, chopped|
|Salt||1 Pinch (to taste)|
|Corn from the cob||1 Medium|
|Chipotle pepper||2 Small (Optional)|
|Beer||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (or red wine)|
|Roasted diced tomatoes||10 Ounce (1 can)|
|Pasta||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Basil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped finely (or parsley)|
|Romano/Grated||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cheese (or Parmesan)|
1. Chop the onions, garlic, mushrooms separately.
2. Slice the sausages into thick pieces.
3. Remove the corn from the cob into a bowl.
4. Grate the cheese.
5. In a pan, add water. Bring it to boil, add salt and pasta into it.
6. Cook for 10 minutes or till soft. Drain into a colander. Do not rinse it.
7. In a pot, put oil. Add chicken, sausages, onions, garlic, mushrooms and salt. Stir well and sauté for a few minutes.
8. Put the corn, chipotle pepper and stir to mix them.
9. Pour beer into the pan and stir well to deglaze it. Cook for few minute.
10. Add the roasted tomatoes and stir well.
11. Put in the cooked pasta and mix well till all the sauce coats the pasta.
12. Add the herbs, stir and finally put the grated cheese.
13. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
14. In a serving plate, serve it hot and garnished with any herb or cheese.
Calories 310 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.7%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.4 mg15.5%
Sodium 461 mg19.2%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.4%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 21 g42.1%
Vitamin A 12.1% Vitamin C 34.7%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet