This easy-to-cook tomato sauce is the base for all tomato sauces. Heat olive oil and garlic until the garlic caramelizes. Then add canned tomatoes and heat. Add basil at the end so it doesn't wilt too much. It's great if you have a garden and grow tomatoes. It's delicious as is especially on pasta. This is something you can make in advance and freeze in small containers to use whenever tomato sauce is called for. When you cook for yourself you can Save Money, Eat Healthier, Live Greener and Have Fun!
3 Large, chopped finely
4 Large, torn
1 Can (10 oz)
15 Ounce, crushed (Whole tomatoes, unseasoned)
Cracked ground pepper
1. In a pan, heat 5 tablespoons of olive oil and 3 cloves of sliced garlic.
2. Add 1 can of tomatoes and spread it around.
3. Add fresh basil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper.
4. Add 1 can of tomato paste.
5. Add liquid from the canned tomatoes or 1 can full of water and stir well.
6. Simmer for 15 minutes until thick and flavors have married together.
7. Serve the sauce with your favorite pasta.