Pasta with Zucchini and Tomato Sauce
|Pasta||1 Pound (any pasta will work, I would stay away from spaghetti or linguini noodles)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sweet onion||1 Large, chopped finely|
|Zucchini||1 Large, shredded|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Pint, quartered|
|Parmesan cheese||5 Ounce, grated|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then season liberally with salt. Drop pasta into the boiling water and cook according to package directions or until pasta is al dente-with a bite.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet on a medium-high heat. Add in olive oil along with the sweet onion, cook for 2 minutes or until onions become translucent.
3. Add in zucchini and tomatoes and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Combine the pasta with the vegetables and stir.
5. Start by adding in 1 ladle full of reserved pasta water, this will help the vegetables become more of a sauce.
6. Grate in the Parmesan cheese into the skillet then season the pasta dish with salt and pepper to desired taste. Add in more reserved pasta water if pasta becomes too dry.
7. Serve by itself or with bread and enjoy.