Buffalo Tofu Pasta Bowl
|Rigatoni/Penne pasta||12 Ounce, uncooked (whole wheat preferably)|
|Tofu||9 Ounce (extra firm)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot sauce/Buffalo wing sauce||2 Tablespoon (vegetarian)|
|Blue cheese||4 Ounce (Look for a blue cheese that is made with a microbial rennet)|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Tomatoes||2 Small, cut into wedges (for garnish) (Optional)|
|Italian parsley||2 Tablespoon (for garnish) (Optional)|
|Celery stalk||2 Tablespoon, diced (for garnish) (Optional)|
1. Fill a large pot with water and put the pasta on to boil per instructions on packet. Keep the pasta al dente. Drain pasta and save a cup of the water.
2. In the meantime, heat oil in skillet on medium high heat
3. Pat the tofu dry with a dish towel and cut into 1”chunks
4. Add the tofu to the skillet, season with salt and pepper and sauté until browned, about 8-to 10 minutes.
5. Add the hot Buffalo wing sauce and stir to mix well.
6. Add the drained pasta, blue cheese.
7. Add some pasta water. Start with ½ cup of water and add what you need to melt the cheese into a thin creamy sauce.Stir to mix well.
8. Serve in bowls and garnish with tomato wedges, celery sticks or some Italian parsley if you like.
Calories 534 Calories from Fat 170
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.3%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.3 mg7.1%
Sodium 1120.2 mg46.7%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.4%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 20 g41%
Vitamin A 28.3% Vitamin C 29.6%
Calcium 19.4% Iron 17.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet