|Ribbon pasta||1 Pound|
|Leek||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut in half moon shapes and rinsed|
|Bacon tips||1⁄2 Pound, rough chopped|
|Sundried tomatoes||4 Tablespoon, sliced in strips|
|Garlic clove||3 Large, minced|
|Mascarpone cheese||5 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||5 Tablespoon|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (semi dry, choose one you like to drink)|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Pinch|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Hazelnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
1. Throw your chopped hazelnuts into a pie pan with a tablespoon of butter and roast in the oven at 350 until golden brown. Don’t forget to stir occasionally. This should take about 8 minutes, but keep an eye on them. Once done remove and keep aside.
2. If you are making pasta from scratch, you can use your favorite recipe, witch takes close to 4 min to cook. If you are using store bought pasta, use the directions on the back of the box or bag, usually from 8 to 12 min.
3. Throw your chopped bacon ends in a hot pan and crispy that pig up!
4. Once it is close to the desired crispiness, toss in the leeks, garlic, and sun dried tomatoes. Saute for another 2 to 3 mintues then deglaze with the wine.
5. Once the wine is reduced by half, add in both the mascarpone and heavy cream.
6. Once it hits your desired thickness,pour the beautiful sauce onto the drained noodles and top with nuts.
7. Top individual servings with Parmesan cheese. All you really need with this is some nice crusty garlic bread and you have a complete week night dinner!
Calories 2046 Calories from Fat 811
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 89 g137.2%
Saturated Fat 40.7 g203.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 200.2 mg66.7%
Sodium 5126.7 mg213.6%
Total Carbohydrates 199 g66.4%
Dietary Fiber 16.1 g64.5%
Sugars 23.8 g
Protein 93 g185.5%
Vitamin A 45.1% Vitamin C 35.7%
Calcium 27.5% Iron 54.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet