1. Spray the ceramic insert of your slow cooker with nonstick spray.
2. Stir together the ricotta, pecorino Romano cheese, egg, garlic powder, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add 1/3 of the pasta with 1/3 of the sauce and stir to get them combined.
4. Dollop 1/2 the ricotta mixture in an even layer and sprinkle on 1/3 of the mozzarella.
5. Repeat by layering in 1/3 of the pasta, then 1/3 of the sauce, the remaining half of the ricotta mixture and 1/3 of the mozzarella.
6. For the final layer, add the remaining third of the pasta, with the remaining sauce and mozzarella sprinkled on top.
7. Pour the chicken or beef stock over the top aiming mainly towards the edges then cover and cook on high for 30 minutes then low for 2 to 3 hours or until the pasta looks cooked. Mine was fully done in 3 hours. Turn off the slow cooker and let it stand for at least a half an hour to set, then served with additional sauce and grated cheese
Everyone loevs pasta but the time required to make the pasta, simmer the sauce and then serve it with cheese is just too much effort for one meal. As a result, this unique dish is really simple. Yes, you have to make the sauce but you can buy that readymade, layer everything and let it go for three hours. Its that simple. Don't even need to precook the pasta. How easy is that?