I love things that crunch and have cheese inside of them. So imagine my joy when I made this toasted ravioli for the first time. I'm glad I gave these a try. They are so yummy with all of their crunchy, golden, cheesy goodness. The marinara sauce is a must with these little pillows.
Frozen cheese ravioli
24 , thawed
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
8 Ounce (Italian Style breadcrumbs preferred)
2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)
Smoked gouda cheese
2 Tablespoon (as required)
1. In a bowl add egg and evaporated milk. Mix well until combined.
2. Dip ravioli into egg mixture, letting excess drip off.
3. Coat the ravioli with breadcrumbs. Press the crumbs into the ravioli gently to help them stick better.
4. Lay the ravioli on a baking sheet.
5. In a deep fryer or deep frying pan, heat canola oil to 375 degrees F.
6. Fry ravioli in batches around 3 minutes per side.
7. Transfer onto paper towel to drain off excess oil.
8. In a serving platter, arrange the fried raviolis, garnish with cheese and parsley and serve with marinara sauce or any dip of choice.
These can also be baked on 375 degrees F for 12-14 minutes or until golden.
We love ravioli but toasted ravioli is something that is just making a good thing better. On top of that, this recipe uses ready-made ravioli. Try this version to make a low fat luscious snack for a party.