Vegetarian "Chicken" Lasagna Alfredo
|Lasagna noodles||10 Ounce|
|Chicken strips||10 Ounce (Morning Star)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Green bell pepper||1 Small|
|Alfredo sauce||20 Ounce|
|Seasoned salt||2 Teaspoon (Lawry'S)|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Ricotta cheese||15 Ounce|
|Mozzarella cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Italian blended cheeses||2 Cup (32 tbs), blended|
|Parmesan cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen spinach||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Frozen broccoli||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Shredded carrots||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
• Preheat oven to 375.
• Thaw and drain spinach and broccoli. Toss in a large bowl and set aside.
• Begin boiling large pot of water (begin boiling noodles according to box instructions. Do not overcook)
• Chop onion, garlic and bell pepper in food processor. Saute in olive oil about 2-3 min. then add “MorningStar Chik’N Strips”. Sprinkle mixture with seasoned salt. Add broccoli, carrots and spinach pieces. Saute for an additional 3-5 min longer and season to taste with additional Lawry’s and black pepper. Add Alfredo sauce and stir well. Lower heat and simmer for 10 min, stirring frequently.
• Set aside 1cup of mozzarella cheese and ½ cup Italian blended cheese to sprinkle. In large bowl, combine remaining cheeses and egg. Stir until well blended.
• Layer lasagna by placing lasagna noodles side by side to cover bottom of lasagna pan. Spread cheese mixture on top of noodles. Spread alfredo sauce mixture on top of cheese mixture. Sprinkle thin layer of shredded cheese over Alfredo mixture. Repeat layers until top of pan is reached. Sprinkle top of lasagna with breadcrumbs and a small amount of parmesan cheese.
• Bake lasagna covered with aluminum foil for 35 min. Uncover and continue to bake until top of lasagna browns (about 15-20min).
• Serve hot.
Calories 548 Calories from Fat 293
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.8%
Saturated Fat 18.1 g90.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 118.6 mg39.5%
Sodium 1203.7 mg50.2%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.6%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 34 g68.3%
Vitamin A 50% Vitamin C 18.6%
Calcium 63.7% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet