1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fresh Ones, Plus More For Garnish)
1 Pound (Or Your Favorite Pasta)
1 Medium, halved and thinly sliced
4 Clove (20 gm), thinly sliced
Crushed red pepper
1 Large, cut into 0.75 inch chunks
1 1⁄2 , cored and cut into 0.50 inch chunks
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Plus More For Garnish)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions. 2. Drain pasta; return to pot.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
4. Add onion, garlic, and crushed red pepper; cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
5. Add eggplant to skillet; season generously with salt and pepper.
6. Cover, and cook until eggplant begins to release juices, about 5 minutes.
7. Uncover; cook, stirring, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes (if bottom of pan browns too much, add a few tablespoons water, and scrape with spoon).
8. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and 1/4 cup water to skillet; cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
9. Toss sauce and basil with pasta; gently reheat if necessary.
10. Top each serving with a spoonful of ricotta, garnish with more basil and serve.