Hey everyone. Hope you like the new intro. This episode of The Aimless Cook will look at how easy it is to make your own handmade pasta. Trust me, once you learn this recipe, you'll thank me. Alternatively, you can mix this dough in the food processor, but I thought the old-school method would be better to show you...plus, I didn't want to wash the processor after I was through with it. lol.
200 Gram (all purpose, semolina or spelt flour)
1. Take a bowl and add the mound of flour into it. Make a well like hole in the middle of the flour and beat the eggs in the center. Gradually start beating the eggs with the help of a fork. While doing so, incorporate the flour from the edges of the bowl slowly and gently.
2. Beat in the eggs and the flour till you get a thick batter which would be a ball of dough. Once you have the ball of dough, knead the dough for about 15 minutes on a well floured surface until the ball of dough becomes smooth and elastic. Once done set it aside for about 15 minutes.
3. Flour the surface well, flatten out the ball of dough on the surface and roll it out. Turn sides and roll it out until you get it paper thin. You should be able to see through it.
4. Once rolled thin, fold it over, dusting it with flour, then hand cut it into strips using a knife.
5. This handmade pasta can be boiled and cooked in about 3 to 4 minutes and can be served with your favorite sauces.
Make sure you roll the dough really thin because when you cook it, it's going to double in thickness.