Yummy Chive Hamburger Steak
1) Finely mince onion and finely chop Chinese chive. Crush the Fu (Japanese dried wheat gluten) into crumbs and add a bit of water to make it soft.
2) Heat sesame oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion until soft and translucent for about 10 minutes.
3) Add sugar and season with salt and cracked black pepper.
4) Add Chinese chive and cook until tender. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
5) Meanwhile mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame seeds, sesame oil and make the sauce.
6) In a large bowl, put ground beef and pork mixture, egg, Fu crumbs, and sautéed chive mixture and mix well with hands until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
7) Divide it into 8 and toss each from one hand to the other hand repeatedly. Indent the center of each with fingers.
8) Heat sesame oil in a frying pan and sauté the patties over medium high heat until a nice brown crust forms on the bottom. Turn the patties over, cover, and on low heat, cook for about 5
minutes until done. Then turn the heat up to medium high and sauté them until a brown crust forms on the second side.
9) Transfer hamburger steaks to individual plate, pour the sauce over and enjoy!