1) Chop up onions, garlic and carrots.
2) For the marinara sauce, sauté the onions, garlic and carrots on medium high heat until the onions become translucent and the carrots are tender.
3) Add a cup of merlot and reduce to about half which is 10-15 minutes. After wine reduces put in the tomatoes, bay leaves, oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
4) Allow the sauce to sit on low for 4-6 hours.
5) For the ravioli, put all the filling ingredients into bowl and mix well. Put a teaspoon of filling in the center of the wonton wrap. Egg wash the outer sides of the wonton and then place another wonton wrap over the top and push down to seal the edges.
6) Bring a pot of water to a boil, salt the water then add in the ravioli for 2-3 minutes or until the ravioli floats to the top.
7) To make the garlic bread, cut the bread in half and drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil. Place under broiler on high for 2-3 minutes. Take bread out of the oven and run the clove of garlic over top.
8) Plate out together, serve hot and enjoy!
If you’ve been racking your brains over a good meal for your upcoming party, then here is a great suggestion! This dish has a great cheese-veggie stuffed ravioli which is drowned in a marinara sauce. A perfect dish that gets the kids their dose of veggies without any fuss!