Wholesome Penne With Greens and Cannellini Beans
|Penne rigate||13 Ounce, uncooked (Dreamfields, 1 Box)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Diced red bell pepper||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Reduced sodium fat free chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Collard greens/Mustard greens||1 Pound (Washed, Trimmed And Cut Into Large Bite Sized Pieces)|
|Cannellini beans/Other white beans||15 Ounce, rinsed and drained (1 Can)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Grated parmesan||2 Tablespoon|
1) Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pan.
2) Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. 3) Add bell pepper, garlic and red pepper flakes; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add broth; bring to boil.
3) Add greens; return to boil. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, uncovered, until greens are just crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
4) Add greens with liquid to pasta; toss to coat. Add beans; toss gently. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
5) Top with grated Parmesan cheese and serve the dish.
6) Any dark, leafy greens such as kale, spinach or chard can be substituted for the collard greens. 1-1/2 cups cooked cannellini beans can be substituted for the canned beans.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2472 Calories from Fat 457
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.6%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.4 mg8.8%
Sodium 2674.2 mg111.4%
Total Carbohydrates 411 g137%
Dietary Fiber 82.5 g330.1%
Sugars 47.9 g
Protein 105 g210.5%
Vitamin A 1238.7% Vitamin C 1885.2%
Calcium 151.4% Iron 85.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet