Chef Jim Coleman cooks Dreamfields Pasta recipe Penne with Greens and Cannellini Beans
13 Ounce, uncooked (Dreamfields, 1 Box)
Diced red bell pepper
5 Cup (80 tbs)
Crushed red pepper flakes
Reduced sodium fat free chicken broth
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Collard greens/Mustard greens
1 Pound (Washed, Trimmed And Cut Into Large Bite Sized Pieces)
Cannellini beans/Other white beans
15 Ounce, rinsed and drained (1 Can)
Ground black pepper
1) Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pan.
2) Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. 3) Add bell pepper, garlic and red pepper flakes; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add broth; bring to boil.
3) Add greens; return to boil. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, uncovered, until greens are just crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
4) Add greens with liquid to pasta; toss to coat. Add beans; toss gently. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
5) Top with grated Parmesan cheese and serve the dish.
6) Any dark, leafy greens such as kale, spinach or chard can be substituted for the collard greens. 1-1/2 cups cooked cannellini beans can be substituted for the canned beans.