Tasty Angel Hair Pasta Made With Tilapia
|Angel hair||13 1⁄4 Ounce (Dreamfields, 1 Box)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Julienned carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), or thickly shredded|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Marinara sauce||8 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Sliced fresh basil||2 Tablespoon|
|Tilapia fillets||1 Pound (2 To 4 Fillets)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Toasted sliced almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. 2) Add onion, parsley, garlic and carrots; stir well.
3) Add red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Continue cooking about 5 minutes, until onion is browned, stirring frequently. Add marinara sauce and fresh basil. Cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4) Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
5) Place tilapia fillets in skillet.
6) Pour lemon juice and wine over fish. Cook 2 minutes; turn carefully with spatula. Continue cooking 2 minutes or until cooked through (fish flakes easily when tested with fork). Remove from heat.
7) Remove fish from skillet. Cut into 1-inch wide pieces.
8) Drain pasta; toss pasta with sauce in skillet. Gently stir in fish.
9) Top with Parmesan cheese and toasted almonds. Serve into 6 serving plates.
10) To toast almonds, spread on rimmed baking pan. Place in 350°F oven 8 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven; cool completely.
11) Nutrition information (1/6 of recipe): 440 calories; 28 g protein; 16 g digestible carbohydrates*; 12 g total fat; 3 g saturated fat; 39 mg cholesterol; 325 mg sodium; 8 g total dietary fiber.