Pasta Alla Checca
|Italian tomatoes||2 Pound|
|Salt packed capers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), rinsed and dried|
|Pitted black olives||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut in half (Gaeta, if possible)|
|Fresh basil leaves||40 , washed, dried and torn into pieces|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed or chopped|
|Pasta||1 Pound (adjust quantity as needed)|
1. Boil water. Dip tomatoes for 1 minute and keep aside in a bowl.
2. Peel and dice the tomatoes. Discard the seeds.
3. Add olives, 1/4 cup olive oil, basil leaves, capers, pepper and salt in the bowl.
4. Mix crushed or chopped garlic.
5. Sun dry the bowl in the sun for 3 days or leave it at room temperature for 4 hours.
6. In a large pasta bowl bring 1 1/2 tablespoons salt and 4 quarts water. Cook pasta till it is tender.
7. In the pot pour 2 cups cold water so that the cooking process. Drain excess water.
8. Add the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil to pasta. Mix well.
9. Add pasta sauce and mix.
10. Serve Pasta Alla Checca hot.