Whole Meal Pasta For Two
|Plain wholemeal flour||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Olive oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
1) In a large bowl, sift the flour into a mound.
2) Make a well in the centre and put in the egg, egg white, oil, salt and 1 tablespoon of water.
3) Stir with hand and mix to form a soft dough.
4) Knead in dough, using both hands, for about 10 minutes until smooth and not sticky.
5) Lightly dust the working table with flour.
6) Roll out the dough on working table into a paper thin, large rectangle pasts.
7) Place the pasta on a clean dry cloth.
8) Hang 1/3 of the pasta sheet hang over the side of the table and turn it every 10 minutes, to dry the pasta more quickly.
9) The pasta is ready to cut when it dries completely and looks leathery.
10) For noodles, roll the pasta sheep loosely into a roll about 7.5 cm (3 inches) wide.
11) Slice the roll into 0.5 cm (1/4 inch) slices, unwind and leave for 10 minutes.
12) For lasagne, cut the pasta sheet into the desired size of rectangles.
13) Rest the past on a flour dusted tea towel for 10 minutes before using.
14) In a pot of boiling salted water, cook for about 8 minutes until just tender and serve or use as desired.