|Pasta dough||1⁄2 Pound (Use Either Homemade Or Ready)|
|Curd||3⁄4 Pound, sieved|
|Double cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3 Ounce|
|Grated onion||2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a bowl, add ricotta, Parmesan cheese, grated onion, egg yolks, salt, and carefully stir them together until they are well mixed. Set aside.
2. Divide the pasta dough into four pieces and roll out the first one-quarter of the dough to make it as thin as possible. Cover the rolled pasta with a damp towel to avoid drying. Roll out the second quarter of dough to a similar size and shape.
3. On the first sheet of rolled-out pasta, sort as chessboard and place a mound of cheese mixture every 2 inches across and down the pasta.
4. Into bowl of water, dip a pastry brush and make vertical and horizontal lines in a chessboard pattern on the sheet of pasta, between the mounds of cheese filling.
5. Gently spread the second sheet of rolled-out pasta on top of the first one, pressing down firmly around the filling and along the wetted lines.
6. Using a ravioli cutter cut the pasta into squares along the wetted lines. Separate the mounds of ravioli and put them aside on greaseproof paper.
7. Similarly, roll out, fill and cut the 2 other portions of dough.
8. Into a bowl of rapidly boiling salted water, drop the ravioli and stir them gently with a wooden spoon, to keep them from sticking to one another or to the bottom of the pan.
9. Boil the ravioli for about 8 minutes, until tender, then drain them thoroughly in a large sieve or colander.
10. Serve the ravioli with tomato sauce or Cheesy sauce or your preference.
Calories 525 Calories from Fat 269
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.5%
Saturated Fat 13.6 g68%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 212 mg70.7%
Sodium 1434.6 mg59.8%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.6%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 26 g52%
Vitamin A 14.4% Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 55.3% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet