|Chopped cooked chicken||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Ounce|
|Egg yolks||2 , lightly beaten|
|Grated lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Pasta dough||3⁄4 Pound (Use Homemade Or Readymade)|
1. In a bowl, mix the chicken, cheese, egg yolks, lemon peel and nutmeg until they are thoroughly blended and season with salt and pepper.
2. Using 1/4th of the pasta dough, roll out the dough on a floured board until it is paper thin, then cut into 2-inch rounds with a pastry cutter or the rim of a small glass.
3. In the centre of each round, place 1/4 teaspoon of the chicken mixture and moisten the edges of each round.
4. Fold the circles in half and press the edges firmly together.
5. Shape into little rings by stretching the tips of each half-circle slightly and wrapping the ring around your index finger. Gently press the tips together.
6. In a saucepan, boil water with salt and drop in the tortellini and stir gently with a wooden spoon for a moment to make sure they do not stick to one another.
7. Boil, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes, until they are tender. Drain them into a large sieve or colander.
8. Serve at once with butter and grated Parmesan cheese.