Fettuccine in Creamy Ham and Mushroom Sauce
|Tagliatelle/Dried fettuccine||6 Ounce (Dried Or Fresh, 175 Gram)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Button mushrooms||1 1⁄2 Ounce, finely sliced (40 Gram)|
|Smoked ham slice||1 , cut into fine strips|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||To Taste|
|Double cream||75 Milliliter (5 Tablespoon)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
1) In a large pan, with boiling salted water place the pasta and cook for 8-12 minutes, if using dried pasta, 2-3 minutes if using fresh.
2) Pour off the water and drain the pasta completely and allow to cool.
3) In a saucepan, melt the butter and saute in the mushrooms for 2-3 minutes.
4) Stir in ham and nutmeg, and season to taste.
5) Fold in the cream and cook over low heat for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
6) Stir in pasta and Parmesan cheese in the ham sauce, coating the pasta evenly.
7) Serve the pasta hot garnished with chopped parsley if desired.