|Spaghetti||1 Pound (500 Grams)|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Ripe tomatoes||1 Pound, peeled, seeded and chopped (500 Grams)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Prawns||1 Pound, shelled, deveined, chop larger ones (500 Grams)|
|Dry white wine||5 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
1) In a saucepan, saute the onion and garlic in oil until the onion is transparent.
2) Stir in the tomatoes along with the salt, pepper, sugar and oregano or marjoram.
3) Cover and simmer the tomato mixture for about 15 minutes.
4) In a small saucepan, add the prawns with the wine.
5) Cover and simmer the prawns sauce for 5 minutes.
6) Press the tomato mixture through a sieve and return to the saucepan.
7) Then stir in the prawns and parsley.
8) Taste and adjust the seasoning, if needed.
9) In a large pan, cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water for about 12 minutes; drain thoroughly.
10) Add a generous knob of butter and stir for a few minutes.
11) Place the spaghetti in a hot serving dish, pour over the prawn sauce and serve the Spaghetti Marinara immediately.