Sausage Spaghetti Bake
|Sweet italian sausages||1 Pound, sliced in 1 inch pieces|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||2 Pound (2 cans, 1 pound each)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 can)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mixed italian herbs||1⁄2 Teaspoon, mixed|
|Thin spaghetti||1 Pound|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 375° F.
2) Take a large frying pan and brown sausages in it. Add garlic and sautÃ© for about 2 minutes.
3) Pour off all fat and stir in tomato sauce, tomatoes, water, herbs and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil and cover. Simmer for another 30 minutes for blending flavors.
4) Cook spaghetti according to label directions while the sauce is simmering. Drain nicely.
5) Place half the spaghetti in a 13x9x2 baking dish. Top with half the meat sauce.
6) Repeat the same with remaining spaghetti and sauce, thereby forming 2 layers. Sprinkle with cheese.
7) Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until bubbly-hot at moderate 375° F. Let it stand for about 5 minutes.
8) Cut into 6 servings of even-size. Lift with a wide spatula and serve immediately.
Calories 490 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31.8 mg10.6%
Sodium 928.5 mg38.7%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g23.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.3%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 26 g52.6%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 29.1%
Calcium 19.3% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet