Creamy Shrimp and Pasta
|Rotini/Fusilli macaroni||7 Ounce, uncooked (2 cups)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Swiss cheese||2 Ounce, shredded to make 1/2 cup|
|Sliced mushrooms||4 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 jar, Green Giant)|
|Frozen cooked shrimp||1 Pound, thawed (medium sized)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1) Take a saucepan and cook pasta in it to desired degree of doneness according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with hot water.
2) Place on a serving platter and keep warm.
3) In the meanwhile, take a large skillet and melt margarine in it over medium heat.
4) Add garlic and onion. Cook until tender.
5) In a small bowl mix together flour with milk. Pour prepared mixture into skillet along with Worcestershire sauce, pepper and salt.
6) Cook until mixture begins to boil and thicken, stirring constantly.
7) Add Swiss cheese, parsley and mushrooms. Cook until cheese melts, stirring constantly.
8) Add shrimp and cook until thoroughly heated.
9) Pour the shrimp sauce over cooked pasta. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Calories 495 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.6%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 250.9 mg83.6%
Sodium 594 mg24.7%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g16.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.3%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 43 g85.2%
Vitamin A 14.4% Vitamin C 11.7%
Calcium 33.8% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet