|Precooked cannelloni shells||22|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), freshly grated|
|Asparagus||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Chevre||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), softened (Cream Goat Cheese)|
|Ricotta cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), shredded|
|Lemon juice||4 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green onions||3 , minced|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven at 350°F (180°C)
2. Grease a 13-x 9-inch (3.5 L) shallow baking dish
3. Break off tough stems from asparagus.
4. Peel stems and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) lengths.
5. In saucepan of boiling salted water, cook asparagus for about 10 minutes until tender and drain.
6. In a food processor or blender process until smooth.
7. In large bowl, beat goat cheese until smooth and then gradually beat in egg and ricotta.
8. Mix stirring in asparagus puree, mozzarella, lemon juice and rind and onions until well blended.
9. Add salt and pepper and adjust seasoning as per taste.
10. Into piping bag fitted with large plain tip spoon the mixture and pipe into cannelloni shells.
11. In greased baking dish arrange in single layer.
To make the Sauce:
12. In saucepan, melt butter over low heat; stir in flour and cook, whisking constantly for 1 minute.
13. Remove from heat and whisk in milk.
14. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
15. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
16. Add mozzarella and nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste.
To make the cannelloni:
17. Pour sauce over cannelloni.
18. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
19. If you wish to freeze the dish, do so at this stage. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
20. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
21. If desired, broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
22. Serve the Asparagus Cannelloni spooning around the cooked juices.