Dry collage cheese - 2 cups (1 pound)
Egg- 1, slightly beaten
Grated Parmesan cheese - ½ cup
Parsley - ½ cup, finely chopped
Ground beef - ½ pound
Onion - 1/3 cup chopped
Garlic Cloves- 2 medium, minced
Basil- 1 teaspoon, crushed
Oregano- 1 tsp, crushed
Condensed tomato soup - 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each)
Water- 1/2 cup
Mozzarella cheese-2 slices (3 ounces) , cut into 8 triangles
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Take a pitcher and heat manicotti until it turns al dente. When done drain and keep aside.
3. Take a bowl and combine egg, cottage cheese, parsley and parmesan and stuff it with manicotti.
4. Spread the manicotti mixture over shallow baking dish (12 X 8 X 2 inches).
5. Take a sauce, add shortening, brown meat and blend basil, onion, garlic and oregano and cook until the onions are soft.
6. Add water and soup.
7. Spoon the soup over manicotti and bake for about 35 minutes.
8. Top with Mozzarella and bake until the top browns and cheese melts.
9. Manicott is served with Alfredo sauce.