Fettuccine With Hot Mexican Bean Sauce
|Pinto beans||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Stewed tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz), no-salt added, undrained|
|Tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz), undrained, chopped|
|Green chiles||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried whole oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Cooked fettuccine||4 Cup (64 tbs), without salt|
1) In a colander, add in the pinto beans. Wash them under cold, running water for about a minute. Let the beans drain for about a minute.
2) Spray a large-sized skillet with the cooking spray. Heat on medium flame. Add in the onions and garlic. Saute the mixture till it softens.
3) Add in the tomatoes, green chiles, cilantro, chili powder, sugar and oregano.
4) Cover the skillet. Let the mixture come to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer the mixture for 15 minutes. Stir in between.
5) Take the pinto beans in a bowl. Mash them slightly. Add the mashed beans into the tomato mixture.
6) Serve the Hot Mexi Bean Sauce over cooked fettucine pasta.
Calories 850 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.5%
Saturated Fat 0.31 g1.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 119.2 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 164 g54.6%
Dietary Fiber 19.2 g76.9%
Sugars 15.8 g
Protein 35 g70.2%
Vitamin A 30.6% Vitamin C 73.4%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 42.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet