Fettuccine With Hot Mexican Bean Sauce
|Pinto beans||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Stewed tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz), no-salt added, undrained|
|Tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz), undrained, chopped|
|Green chiles||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried whole oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Cooked fettuccine||4 Cup (64 tbs), without salt|
1) In a colander, add in the pinto beans. Wash them under cold, running water for about a minute. Let the beans drain for about a minute.
2) Spray a large-sized skillet with the cooking spray. Heat on medium flame. Add in the onions and garlic. Saute the mixture till it softens.
3) Add in the tomatoes, green chiles, cilantro, chili powder, sugar and oregano.
4) Cover the skillet. Let the mixture come to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer the mixture for 15 minutes. Stir in between.
5) Take the pinto beans in a bowl. Mash them slightly. Add the mashed beans into the tomato mixture.
6) Serve the Hot Mexi Bean Sauce over cooked fettucine pasta.