Pasta with Pine Nuts and Raisins
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced (large cloves)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon (for garnishing)|
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. Don't rely on the package for correct cooking time. Start timing when the water returns to a boil. Most pastas cook in 8 to 12 minutes.
3. In a saucepan, heat olive oil and add pine nuts; sautÃ© until they have just a lightly brown in color.
4. Add garlic and sautÃ© until pine nuts are golden but do not brown the garlic.
5. Add pasta, raisins and pepper to taste.
6. Warm the serving platter by putting them into a microwave oven for 1 minute just before serving.
7. Pour the pasta onto the large, heated platter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
8. Serve immediately.
To cook spaghetti properly, use plenty of water. A too-small pot and too little water encourage the macaroni to clump and stick together, thus cooking unevenly. Using plenty of water helps to prevent spaghetti from sticking together by quickly washing away the exuded starch.
Calories 441 Calories from Fat 192
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.1 mg1.7%
Sodium 126.9 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.85 g3.4%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 13 g25.3%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet