Ground Beef Soup with Orzo
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Canned tomatoes with juice||28 Ounce (1 can, whole or chopped)|
|Orzo||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Frozen mixed vegetables/Leftover vegetables||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon (for garnishing)|
1. If using whole tomatoes, cut them into smaller pieces.
2. In large pot, brown ground beef and onion; drain off fat.
3. Add tomatoes and 6 cups water; bring the mixture to boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
5. Bring it to boil again and add orzo and vegetables.
6. Reduce heat; add salt and pepper to taste and simmer for another 20 minutes
7. Arrange the orzo in individual serving plates and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Calories 416 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.5%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65 mg21.7%
Sodium 586.3 mg24.4%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g25%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 32 g63.8%
Vitamin A 87.3% Vitamin C 66.3%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 20.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet