Tri Color Pasta With Peppers
|Tricolor spiral pasta||8 Ounce|
|Red pepper||1 Small, cut into narrow strips to make about 1 cup|
|Coarsely chopped pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. Don't rely on the package for correct cooking time. Start timing when the water returns to a boil. Most pastas cook in 8 to 12 minutes.
3. In a saucepan, melt butter and add pecans and peppers and quickly sautÃ© until pecans are slightly toasted and peppers are crisp-tender
4. Drain noodles; toss with butter mixture and mix well.
5. Arrange the pasta onto serving platter and cut pecans crosswise into narrow slices and place around outer edge of the pasta.
To cook pasta properly, use plenty of water. A too-small pot and too little water encourage the macaroni to clump and stick together, thus cooking unevenly. Using plenty of water helps to prevent pasta from sticking together by quickly washing away the exuded starch.