Fettuccine With Vegetables
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||2 Medium, minced|
|Zucchini||2 Medium, julienned (Pick Medium-Small Size)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan, heat olive oil and add garlic, zucchini and carrot strips, stirring continuously to coat well.
2. When simmering, cover and cook for about 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
4. Don't rely on the package for correct cooking time. Start timing when the water returns to a boil. Most pastas cook in 8 to 12 minutes.
5. Add pasta with the vegetable mixture and toss to mix well.
6. Arrange the pasta onto serving platter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
To cook pasta properly, use plenty of water. A too-small pot and too little water encourage the macaroni to clump and stick together, thus cooking unevenly. Using plenty of water helps to prevent pasta from sticking together by quickly washing away the exuded starch.