Sun Dried Tomatoes and Peas with Pasta
|Angel hair pasta||8 Ounce|
|Frozen peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil packed sun-dried tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sun dried tomato oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, minced|
|Dried basil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Cook pasta according to package directions adding frozen peas last two minutes of cooking time; drain and return to pot.
2. Don't rely on the package for correct cooking time. Start timing when the water returns to a boil. Most pastas cook in 8 to 12 minutes.
3. Measure out the 2 tablespoons of oil and pour into a saucepan.
4. Heat oil and add garlic; cook for about 2 minutes but do not brown.
5. Remove from heat; chop tomatoes and add to skillet along with the basil.
6. Pour over pasta and toss to coat well.
7. Arrange the pasta onto serving platter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toss to melt.
To cook pasta properly, use plenty of water. A too-small pot and too little water encourage the macaroni to clump and stick together, thus cooking unevenly. Using plenty of water helps to prevent pasta from sticking together by quickly washing away the exuded starch.