Marinara Sauce with Pasta
|Pork sausages||8 Ounce, mildly seasoned|
|Garlic clove||1 Medium, minced|
|Canned chopped green chilies||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Marinara sauce||16 Ounce|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon|
1. In a skillet, crumble sausage and add garlic and brown; drain off the fat.
2. Add the green chilies, marinara sauce and 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese; cook until heated through but do not boil.
3. Cook pasta according to directions on package; drain.
4. Toss the pasta with the mixture and mix well.
5. Arrange the pasta into a deep serving dish and sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
To cook pasta properly, use plenty of water. A too-small pot and too little water encourage the pasta to clump and stick together, thus cooking unevenly. Using plenty of water helps to prevent pasta from sticking together by quickly washing away the exuded starch.
Calories 476 Calories from Fat 184
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.5%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g38.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.6 mg20.9%
Sodium 701.5 mg29.2%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g16.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 20 g39.1%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C 19.6%
Calcium 16% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet