Grilled Chorizo Stuffed Dates
|Italian sausage||1⁄2 Pound|
1. If you are using a gas grill set the temperature to medium. If you are using a charcoal barbeque get the coals to the point that white ash is showing and the coals are glowing and are spread out in an even layer.
2. Take the slab of bacon and cut it half. So you now have slices that are about 4 inches long and 1 inch high.
3. Remove the casing from the chorizo.
4. Take a date and carefully slice open one side so that it is now one long piece.
5. Take a pinch of the chorizo meat and place it in the middle of the sliced opened date. Close the date so that it resembles its original shape.
6. Wrap it with a bacon slice and secure it with a toothpick. Repeat.
7. Place the chorizo stuffed dates on the grill and close the lid. Allow to grill for about 2 to 4 minutes.
8. Turn over, close the lid, and grill for an additional 2 minutes or until the bacon is cooked. Remove and serve.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1860 Calories from Fat 1082
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 122 g188.2%
Saturated Fat 43.9 g219.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 299.1 mg99.7%
Sodium 3675.8 mg153.2%
Total Carbohydrates 129 g43%
Dietary Fiber 13.4 g53.8%
Sugars 109.4 g
Protein 72 g143.9%
Vitamin A 18.2% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 26.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet