Penne Pasta Flavoured with Vodka
|Water||12 Cup (192 tbs)|
|Penne pasta||1 Pound|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Prosciutto||1⁄4 Pound, chopped|
|Yellow onion||1 , chopped|
|Vodka||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Tomato puree||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red pepper flakes||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. In a large stockpot bring the water to a boil. Add the salt and pasta. Cook until al dente.
2. In a large sauté pan heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the prosciutto and onions. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
3. Remove the sauté pan from the heat and carefully stir in the vodka. Light a match and carefully light the vodka. Allow the alcohol in the vodka to burn off.
4. Return the sauté pan to the heat and bring to a simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Stir in the tomato puree and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add the red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper to taste.
7. When the pasta is al dente remove the pasta from the water to the sauté pan.
8. Combine the pasta with the sauce and increase the heat to high. Cook for 2 minutes.
9. Add the grated Parmesan cheese. Stir well and remove to a platter to serve.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com