Chicken And Pasta Twist Bake
|Skimmed milk||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Plain flour||1 1⁄2 Ounce, sieved (40 Gram)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Fusilli||7 Ounce (200 Gram, Dried Tricolor Pasta Twists)|
|Skinless chicken breast||8 Ounce, cooked and diced (225 Gram)|
|Wholemeal breadcrumbs||2 Ounce (50 Gram, Fresh)|
1) In a large pan of boiling water, cook the pasta for 8-10 minutes, until 'al dente' just tender.
2) Drain well and keep aside.
3) In a saucepan, make a sauce by placing the milk and flour.
4) Let the mixture boil over a gentle heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens.
5) Let the sauce simmer for an extra minute, stirring frequently.
6) Season well with black pepper.
7) Add the chicken pieces into the sauce.
8) In a 2.4 litre (4 pint) shallow ovenproof dish, pour the sauce with chicken.
9) Place the pasta twists over the sauce, pressing them gently but do not compeletely submerge them in the sauce.
10) Over the pasta, sprinkle the breadcrumbs and bake for about 20 minutes in a preheated oven until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and crisp.
11) Serve the chicken pasta with salad or vegetables.