Ravioli With Ricotta Filling
|All-purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the ricotta filling|
|Ricotta cheese/Cream style cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), freshly grated|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Homemade)|
For the dough
1) Mix flour and salt & sieve onto a wooden board. Create a depression in the center and add oil, eggs and water. Knead the ingredients together into a stiff dough.
2) Without adding any more dough, knead for about 10 minutes till it becomes soft and elastic.
3) Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let rest for 15 minutes.
4) Slice the dough into quarters. While keeping the rest covered, roll out one quarter at a time into a 12X4 1/2-inch rectangle using a rolling pin. Do not use any flour to roll.
5) Shape the ravioli.
6) Prepare the ricotta cheese filling by adding the ricotta cheese and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Stir in the beaten egg. Add in the chopped parsley leaves. Mix all well till combined.
7) Stuff the raviolis with the cheese filling.
8) Alternatively, spoon 12 teaspoonsful of the ricotta cheese mixture, spaced evenly, onto one single rolled out strip. Place the second strip over the first. Slice between the mounds of the filling using a fluted pastry wheel.
9) In a kettle, boil 6 quarts of water. Add in 2 tablespoons of salt and 1 tablespoon of oil. Cook the stuffed raviolis in the water, about 24 in one batch for 10 minutes. Makes about 48 raviolis.
10) With a slotted spoon, removed the raviolis onto a hot serving dish.
11) Pour homemade Tomato Sauce on top. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.