Fettuccine with Pan Roasted Chicken In Red Pepper Sauce
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar/Honey||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Light soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried rosemary||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Beef cube||1⁄2 (Oxo)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Fettuccine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Enough For 2)|
|Flat leaf parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs) (A Handful)|
1. Wash skin and deboned the chicken thighs. Tip these chicken pieces into a large bowl and mix it with the 1 teaspoon olive oil, sugar, soy sauce and rosemary. Set this aside to marinate for atleast 30 minutes
2. Dice the tomatoes and onions; slice the garlic; and dissolve the soup cubes into ½ cup of water for stock.
3. Roast the peppers by sticking a fork in them and holding over a hot gas flame. The peppers start to shrivel and blister.
4. When the peppers are completely shriveled, rub the charred skin off. Chop and deseed the peppers and reserve the chopped meat.
5. Preheat the oven to 150° to 180° C
6. Arrange all the ingredients next to the pan before cooking. Start by setting out the sautÃ© pan for the sauce, a grill pan for chicken and a large saucepan filled with boiling water for the pasta.
7. Set the grill pan on the heat and sear the chicken on each side till browned.
8. Shift the grill pan to a preheated oven on the middle shelf and let it remain warm till required
9. In the sautÃ© pan, sautÃ© the garlic in olive oil and add the tomatoes, peppers and cook this till it is soft.
10. Add more beef stock as the pan dries out.
11. Add back pepper and cook on high heat for 15 minutes
12. Reduce heat the add the cream to the pan
13. As the sauce cook, tip the pasta into the saucepan with water and cook the pasta according to manufacturer-€™s instructions. Dried pasta will usually take 10-15 minutes while fresh pasta will be done in 3-5 minutes.
14. Drain the pasta
15. Serve hot with the sauce and sliced chicken