|Lean ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Condensed cream of mushroom soup||10 Ounce|
|Sauerkraut||14 Ounce, drained|
|Wide egg noodles||8 Ounce|
|Boiling water||2 1⁄2 Quart|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
1) Preheat oven moderate to 350°F (180°C).
2) In a large saucepan heat first amount of cooking oil.
3) Brown meat and onion in it.
4) Scramble the meat.
5) Mix soup, sauerkraut, first amount of salt and pepper.
6) In an uncovered Dutch oven boil water. Cook noodles, cooking oil and second amount of salt in it for about 5 to 7 minutes.
7) Drain out noodles from water.
8) Add it to the meat mixture.
9) Pasta Kraut can be served as is or baked.
10) To bake, grease a 3 quart (3 L) casserole.
11) In a small bowl mix bread crumbs, cheese and butter together.
12) Sprinkle it over it.
13) Bake for about 30 minutes.
14) Serve hot.