Homemade Tiny Ravioli
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ricotta cheese/Dry cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce, shredded (1 packet)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Pepper||1 Dash, freshly ground|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Boneless chuck/Boneless round||2 Pound (1/2-inch cubes)|
|Sweet italian sausages||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Carrots||2 Large, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Italian tomatoes with tomato paste and basil leaf||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Oregano leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated (for garnish)|
1) Sieve flour and salt onto a wooden board. Create a depression in the centre. Into the hollow, add oil, eggs and water. Knead the ingredients together into a stiff dough.
2) Without adding any more dough, knead for about 10 minutes till it becomes soft and elastic.
3) Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let rest for 15 minutes.
3) In a medium bowl, add ricotta cheese or cottage cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, salt and pepper. Mix well.
4) Take the rested ravioli dough and divide into two equal portions. On a lightly floured board, roll out each portion into 22X16-inch rectangles.
5) Slice the dough crosswise into half. Take 1/4 teaspoon of the cheese filling and place on half the dough at 1-inch intervals. Place the other half of the dough over the cheese filling. Using a 1-inch round cutter, cut the 1-inch raviolis. Keep aside the trimmings from the dough.
6) Make about 100 raviolis using all the leftover dough. Arrange the raviolis on a clean towel.
7) In a large kettle, boil water along with a little salt. Add in about 25 raviolis at a time. Cook for about 7 minutes or till they float to the top.
8) Remove the raviolis with a slotted spoon onto the serving platter.
9) Meanwhile, prepare the homemade sauce. In a large kettle, add in the olive oil, vegetable oil, butter or margarine and lard.
10) Add in the chuck or round along with the sausage, a few pieces at a time. Once browned, remove them onto a paper towel. Add in the onion, garlic and carrots into the kettle. Saute till they soften. Add in the tomatoes, salt, oregano and pepper. Add the meat back in.
11) Let the sauce come to a boil. Turn down the flame and cover the kettle.
12) Let the sauce simmer for about 2 hours or until the meat becomes tender and the sauce thickens. Add in parsley and additional seasoning, if required.
13) Serve the stuffed ravioli with homemade sauce and grated parmesan cheese.
Calories 783 Calories from Fat 345
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.8%
Saturated Fat 12.6 g63.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 191.4 mg63.8%
Sodium 1931.8 mg80.5%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 59 g117.4%
Vitamin A 84.2% Vitamin C 17%
Calcium 39.6% Iron 26%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet