Pasta with Sausage Sauce
|Italian sausage||1 Pound (sweet, hot, or half and half)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Canned tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 can)|
|Italian style tomatoes||4 1⁄3 Cup (69.33 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Fresh mushrooms/Mushrooms- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced, drained||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Linguine/Spaghetti||2 Pound, hot cooked|
|Grated italian cheese||5 Tablespoon|
1) Cut the sausage into ½ inch slices.
2) In a skillet, heat oil and sautÃ© onion, garlic and sausages for 8 to 10 minutes or until sausages are lightly brown
3) Stir in tomato paste, sugar, tomatoes, celery, salt and herbs.
4) Cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
5) Sauce should be reduced, add more water if needed.
6) In another skillet, heat butter and sautÃ© mushrooms for 5 minutes or until mushroom leaves its juices.
7) Add the mushrooms along with its juices and water to the sausage mixture.
8) Cook for 30 minutes more.
9) Place hot pasta in the serving plate and spoon sausage sauce over it.
10) Sprinkle cheese over the sauce.
11) If desired, serve green salad and crusty sesame seed Italian bread on side, to make a full meal.
Calories 614 Calories from Fat 194
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.1%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87.1 mg29%
Sodium 785.7 mg32.7%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g25.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.5%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 27 g54.9%
Vitamin A 26.6% Vitamin C 25.2%
Calcium 24.5% Iron 22.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet