Cauliflower Cheese Pasta
|Large pasta shells||4 Ounce (not jumbo)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Quart (boiling)|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon (optional)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated medium|
|Cauliflower||2 Cup (32 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (adjust quantity as required)|
|Dry breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
1) Preheat oven moderate to 350°F (180°C).
2) In a large uncovered saucepan boil water. Add shells, cooking oil and first amount of salt and cook for 13 to 16 minutes.
3) In a saucepan melt butter.
4) Mix flour, second amount of salt and pepper.
5) Add milk and stir until boiled and thick.
6) Add cheese to it and stir.
7) In a separate saucepan boil water and cook cauliflower until tender-crisp.
8) Drain out from water.
9) Mix it to the sauce.
10) Add the drained shells to it.
11) Mix thoroughly.
12) Grease a 2 quart (2 L) casserole and transfer into it.
13) In a small bowl mix bread crumbs with melted butter.
14) Sprinkle it on the top.
15) Bake for about 25 minutes until brown.
16) Serve hot.