Cauliflower Cheese Pasta
|Large pasta shells||4 Ounce (not jumbo)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Quart (boiling)|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon (optional)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated medium|
|Cauliflower||2 Cup (32 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (adjust quantity as required)|
|Dry breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
1) Preheat oven moderate to 350°F (180°C).
2) In a large uncovered saucepan boil water. Add shells, cooking oil and first amount of salt and cook for 13 to 16 minutes.
3) In a saucepan melt butter.
4) Mix flour, second amount of salt and pepper.
5) Add milk and stir until boiled and thick.
6) Add cheese to it and stir.
7) In a separate saucepan boil water and cook cauliflower until tender-crisp.
8) Drain out from water.
9) Mix it to the sauce.
10) Add the drained shells to it.
11) Mix thoroughly.
12) Grease a 2 quart (2 L) casserole and transfer into it.
13) In a small bowl mix bread crumbs with melted butter.
14) Sprinkle it on the top.
15) Bake for about 25 minutes until brown.
16) Serve hot.
Calories 1076 Calories from Fat 610
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g106.4%
Saturated Fat 38.9 g194.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 173.7 mg57.9%
Sodium 3538.9 mg147.5%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.6%
Sugars 14.3 g
Protein 36 g72%
Vitamin A 37% Vitamin C 77.3%
Calcium 76.7% Iron 19.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet