|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cabbage||4 Cup (64 tbs), coarsely grated|
|Broad egg noodles||8 Ounce|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Quart (boiling)|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon (optional)|
|Sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Poppy seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
1) In a skillet heat butter and saute onion until soft.
2) Mix cabbage, paprika, first amount of salt and pepper.
3) Stir and cook covered over low heat for about 10 minutes.
4) In a large saucepan boil water. Add noodles, cooking oil and second amount of salt and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until just tender.
5) Drain the noodles from water.
6) Transfer the noodles back to the pot.
7) Mix sour cream, poppy seeds and cheese to cabbage. Heat thoroughly.
8) Pour the dressing on the noodles.
9) Toss to combine.
10) Serve immediately.